THE NEBRASKA STATE PATROL’S NATIONAL MODEL PRESENCE BEGAN WITH THE CARRIER ENFORCEMENT DIVISION IMPLEMENTING TRACS IN APRIL 2005 AND IN 18 PATROL UNITS IN JANUARY 2006. SINCE THEN, TRACS HAS BEEN DEPLOYED TO ALL NSP PATROL UNITS AND IS EXPANDING TO PARTNER AGENCIES. NEBRASKA IS UTILIZING A CENTRALLY HOSTED SEVER ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL AGENCIES ALLOWING USERS ACCESS THROUGH WEB SERVICES. THERE ARE CURRENTLY 12 FORMS AVAILABLE WITH THREE FORMS BEING TRANSMITTED TO THE STATEWIDE COURT SYSTEM OR NEBRASKA DOT.
In 2013, Nebraska State Patrol integrated MACH and TraCS and began using MACH agency wide. NSP expanded MACH and dispatchers launched the CAD module and the MACH Bot in July 2017. The ability for Troopers to self-dispatch and conduct road side queries using a limited MACH Bot was put into place in February 2018. Local partner agencies went live with MACH in the fall of 2017. A further expansion for the partner agencies continued the TraCS in March of 2018.
- LEAD AGENCY: Nebraska Crime Commission and Nebraska State Patrol (NSP)
- PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY: Internal Staff
- TRACS SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: Statewide Agencies: Nebraska State Patrol and Nebraska Game and Parks Commission (Total Users 461). Local Agencies: 24 (Total Users 527)
- MACH SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: Statewide Agencies: Nebraska State Patrol, Nebraska Game and Parks (Total Users 495) Local Agencies: 34 (Total Users 940)
- FUTURE DEPLOYMENT PLANS: Nebraska is focused on expanding the use of TraCS and MACH across the agency and the state. NSP is expanding the use of TraCS within the agency to the investigative division and offering TraCS Web at no cost for qualified user to submit electronic accident forms to Nebraska DOT. With the help of grant funding from Nebraska DOT, NSP is also developing and testing TraCS RMS functionality and new forms to be used by local agencies. The agency is also looking to expand the use of MACH CAD from NSP to local agencies and hopes to begin the expansion this year.
- LAST UPDATED: 2019/03
Forms being used by Nebraska include:
- Traffic Citation (2019)
- Traffic Warning
- NDOT Crash Form
- Use of Force
- Pursuit Critique
- Non-Enforcement Contact
- Field Interview Card
- DMV Re-exam
- Trailer Seal Issuance
- Carrier Enforcement Activities
- Livestock Out of Service
- Animal Destruction
ADDITIONAL FORM DEVELOPMENT PLANS:
- Crash Form (MMUCC5)
- Incident Report
- Civil Service
- Title Inspection
- Tow Form
- Dyed Fuel
- License Revocation
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection
MACH is currently used by the State Patrol, Nebraska Game and Parks and by 34 local partner agencies. NSP is using MACH CAD and MACH Bot for querying NCIC.
TraCS Program Manager
MACH Program Manager